Under the general direction of the VP of Community Outreach, the Community Outreach Manager shall increase RealOptions’ visibility and impact in the community to advance a culture of life in the Bay Area.
- Prior experience in a self-directed position
- Knowledge of Catholic and Protestant community
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational, computer, and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and presentation skills
- Enjoy working both independently and with others on a team
- Able to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate volunteers
- Identify outreach opportunities and communicate effectively with community partners as part of our community outreach saturation efforts.
- Agree with RealOptions’ Statement of Principle and Purpose
- Has a sincere desire to engage and educate women, men, students, and families in our community that would benefit from RealTalk Education, clinics services,and our pregnancy loss programs.
- Desire to reach out to local school leaders, districts, and parents to connect them with our Real Talk education program for sexual risk avoidance.
- Experience working with various pastors, lay leaders, and women’s ministry leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working or volunteering at a pregnancy care center or clinic
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google G Suite and database programs
- Experience with email and mobile marketing programs like Constant Contact and MobileCause
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Recruit, train, equip, and coordinate Church Ambassador/Engagement volunteers
- Manage and expand all aspects of the ambassador and church engagement program, including management of volunteer database
- Recruit, train, and manage community outreach representatives for tabling and speaking engagements
- Collaborate with Community Outreach Team
- Promote and engage in planning and execution of Community Outreach and awareness programs and events related to:
- Sanctity of Human Life Month/Respect Life Month
- Volunteer Appreciation events
- Discover RealOptions class
- Walk for Life fundraiser
- Ignite Life fundraiser
- Christmas Tree of Life
- Ministry/Community Fairs/Open Houses
- Baby Bottle Campaigns
- Hope programs and Rachel’s Vineyard Retreats
- Community outreach saturation and teaching engagements for Optimal Health Education
- Develop opportunities within current engaged churches and new churches in the Dioceses of San Jose, San Francisco, San Mateo, and Oakland. Build relationships with pastors, parish staff, and social ministries to grow our impact and bring greater visibility to RealOptions
- Community Outreach presentations and special projects as needed
- Develop opportunities and relationships with like-minded community based organizations
- Create and update calendars, event/meeting invitations, and social media as needed
- Communication plan with Church Engagers/Ambassadors via tours, meetings, phone, newsletters, email, Google Docs etc. (collaborate with the other Community Outreach Manager and Project Manager)
- Create and present CO plan
- Analyze and recommend improved Community Outreach and Development policies and procedures
- Submit monthly highlights and quarterly reports of Church Ambassador and Church Engagement activities to VP of Community Outreach
PERSONAL AND STAFF DEVELOPMENT:
- Participate in staff prayer and in-service meetings as directed
- Participate in all fundraising and community awareness events, including the extension of invitations to family, friends, and church members
- Complete skill enhancing workshops, classes, and conferences
- Cross train in all Community Outreach Programs, including getting certified through CRE to be able to educate students in the classroom and parents, patient services, and pregnancy loss healing programs.
Candidates please email your resume with a cover letter and references to Donna Hecke, VP Community Outreach at Donna@realoptions.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted by email. No phone calls please.