Position Summary: RealOptions Obria Medical Clinics is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of vulnerable women, men, and families in the Bay Area. This position is for a full-time Nurse Practitioner who is skilled and experienced in women’s health. Under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer, Medical Director, Supervising Physician, and/or Director of Clinical Operations, the Nurse Practitioner provides medical care and support to the patients, maintaining professional standards of care.
- Must be in good standing and in possession of a valid state license as a registered nurse;
- Experience of 2+ years in obstetrics and gynecology office practice and able to work independently to care for patients;
- Certification by the State Board of Registered Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner;
- Possession of a Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited school;
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) number denoting NP status and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) number, when available;
- Be initially credentialed by RealOptions Obria Medical Clinics according to AAAHC standards and thereafter every two years;
- Possession of a current CPR certification;
- Demonstrates competent knowledge of care for both obstetrics and gynecology;
- Agrees with RealOptions Obria Medical Clinics’ Purpose, Values, Philosophies of Ministry, and Service.
- Is dependable, stable, and capable of following through on commitments.
- Has a sincere desire to reach out to women and their families in unplanned pregnancies especially the abortion-vulnerable and abortion-minded.
- Respects patient confidentiality and abides by all HIPPA standards.
- Maintains a consistent life-affirming philosophy and would never refer or advise a woman to have an abortion.
- Possess the ability to work within a team and take direction;
- Possess strong written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Possess the ability to multitask and prioritize assignments and responsibilities; and,
- Must have excellent customer service with the ability to work with patients in distress in an effective manner.
A. Patient Care
- Provides general full spectrum obstetrical and gynecological care.
- Demonstrates appropriate clinical judgment in providing care by consulting/referring to the supervising physician, as needed.
- Able to prescribe non-controlled drugs and devices to essentially healthy clients.
- Responsible for the appropriate documentation in the patient record and for the preparation of a complete medical record for each patient contact per existing office policies.
- Reviews and/or completes history, assess vital signs, documents information on specific chart forms, and completes necessary patient forms.
- Reinforces the humanity of the unborn child with the patient as appropriate.
- Provides health and wellness education to the patient and family and implements a therapeutic care plan.
- Performs physical examinations as necessary.
- Orders and interprets appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests as needed;
- Participates in chart review, special committees, and other quality assurance mechanisms, including Quality Improvement projects according to AAAHC standards.
- Participates in special projects including but not limited to AAAHC accreditation, upon request.
- Supervising practitioner to be available for consultation on an as-needed basis.
B. Personal and Staff Development
- Participates in staff executive team, medical team, and in-service meetings.
- Maintains credentials and professional licensure.
- Maintains working knowledge of obstetrical care and women’s health issues, especially in relation to prevention and treatment of disease and relevant emergency procedures and protocols.
- Participates in continuing evaluation by the supervising NP or Medical Director on an as-needed basis.
- Performs a yearly review, between the NP and the Medical Director/supervising physician.
- Performs periodic medical record audits for peer review.
Download Employment Application
Please contact Valerie Hill, CEO, RealOptions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 408-229-9836.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted by email. No phone calls please.