Under the supervision of the Patient Services Manager (PSM), the PSAM will supervise the volunteer advocates and manage the Clinic in the absence of the PSM. This will be done by overseeing the daily function of the advocates and Clinic Administrator as well as assisting with staff/volunteers as needed. Helps in training.
- Holds a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Is able to work with women in stressful situations.
- Has attended or will attend Discover Real Options, completed Advocate Training as well as on the job training.
- Demonstrates competence in coaching skills for patients and ability to supervise.
- Is dependable, stable, and capable of following through with commitments.
- Agrees with RealOptions Obria’s statements of Principle, Mission and Faith; understands “businestry” philosophy.
- Has sincere desire to reach out to women and their families in unplanned pregnancies, especially abortion vulnerable and abortion minded patients.
- Train and supervise volunteers under the PSM’s leadership
- Co-interview, orient, and train new volunteers
- Participate in Discover RealOptions 2-3 times a year
Assists the PSM to:
- Supervise maintenance of clinic’s records, both clinical and business.
- Ensure quality control by reviewing Patient Advocates’ charting with risk management in mind.
- Maintain an adequate supply system.
- Maintain and update referrals and literature resources.
- Oversees practical support operations with PSM supervision, including childbirth classes.
C. Public Relations
- Acts as a spokesperson to the community as appropriate.
- Is a representative to schools, civic organizations and churches when needed.
D. Personal Development
- Attends staff and volunteer meetings and required in-services
- Increases knowledge of supervision, advocacy skills, and community resources on an on-going basis.
Candidates, please email your Employment Application, resume with a cover letter, and references to Margé Brandt, Director of Patient Services at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted by email. No phone calls please.